Nominations of Candidates for the CRIC Board
The Canadian Research and Insights Council (CRIC) is seeking nominations for candidates to fill four vacancies on its Board of Directors. CRIC welcomes nominations from leaders across our industry including those on the client-side and in agencies specializing in new and innovative approaches to gathering insights and analytics.
The CRIC Board of Directors provides oversight, guidance and support to ensure CRIC:
- Is the standard-bearer for best practices and world-leading industry standards and ethics;
- Is a thought leader that supports new and innovative ways to gather insights;
- Offers a compelling value proposition that ensures all Canadian organizations that support world leading standards, ethics and best practices participate in and contribute to CRIC;
- Advocates for sound policy and regulations that encourage a supportive environment for market research, analytics and insights;
- Fosters strong relationships with members and other key stakeholders through regular communications and consultations;
- Builds partnerships with appropriate national and international organizations that enhance the value offered by CRIC; and
- Delivers operational excellence including sound financial management and governance.
Key duties and responsibilities of Board members include
- Protecting the interest of the public, the industry and members;
- Acting consistently in accordance with CRIC standards and following exemplary ethical and business practices;
- Setting and approving the strategic direction and objectives of CRIC;
- Approving annual business plans and performance targets
- Approving policies;
- Monitoring and evaluating the financial performance and ongoing operations including the annual financial statement review;
- Appointing, setting the compensation, and managing and evaluating the performance of CRIC’s chief staff person; and
- Acting as an ambassador of CRIC
- Participating in monthly, one-hour CRIC board video conferences
- Participating in up to two in-person meetings annually
- Attending the Annual General Meeting;
Download the nomination form.
Nominees must submit a Nomination Form, Candidate Statement, Bio and Photo to John Tabone by June 3, 2020 at 9pm Eastern Daylight Time.
Candidate Statement, Bio and Photo
The Candidates Statement must not exceed 500 words and should provide details on why you are interested in joining the CRIC Board. You are encouraged to answer the following questions:
- What are the greatest opportunities and challenges facing the research, analytics and insights industry?
- What skills and experience do you bring to the Board?
- How will you add value as a member of the CRIC Board?
Please also include a short bio that does not exceed 250 words and a colour, head and shoulders photo that can be included on the voting website.
April 23: Call for nominations issued
June 3: Nominations close
June 4-11: Review of candidates by CRIC Nominating Committee
June 12: Candidates notified of results
June 15: Deadline for candidate withdrawal
June 16: Candidates statements, bios and photos posted to the CRIC Website and online voting begins
June 23: Voting closes at 9pm Eastern Daylight Time
June 25: Election Results announced
Thank you for considering a nomination for the CRIC Board and for your commitment to the research, analytics and insights industry.
Please email any questions to John Tabone, Chief Administrative Officer, CRIC