Nominations of Candidates for the CRIC Board Elections
The Board of the Canadian Research and Insights Council (CRIC) is seeking candidates to fill three vacancies on the CRIC Board. Executives of CRIC member companies in good standing are encouraged to get involved and help guide and lead the future of the marketing research, insights and analytics profession.
Successful candidates will provide oversight of CRIC and help to ensure CRIC:
- Is the standard-bearer for best practices and world-leading industry standards and ethics
- Is a thought leader that supports new and innovative ways to gather insights
- Offers a compelling value proposition that ensures all organizations that support world leading standards, ethics and best practices participate in and contribute to CRIC
- Advocates for sound policy and regulations that encourage a supportive environment for marketing research, insights and analytics
- Fosters strong relationships with members and other key stakeholders through regular communications and consultations
- Builds partnerships with appropriate national and international organizations that enhance the value offered by CRIC
- Delivers operational excellence including sound financial management and governance
Key duties and responsibilities of Board members include
- Protect the interest of the public, the profession and members
- Act consistently in accordance with CRIC standards and follow exemplary ethical and business practices
- Set and approve the strategic direction and objectives of CRIC
- Approval annual business plans and performance targets
- Approve policies
- Monitor and evaluate the financial performance and ongoing operations including the annual audit
- Appoint, set the compensation, and manage and evaluate the performance of CRIC’s chief staff person
- Act as an ambassador of CRIC
- Participate in the monthly, one-hour CRIC board video conferences
- Participate in up to two in-person meetings annually
- Attend the annual general meeting
Download the nomination form.
Nominees must submit a Nomination Form, Candidate Statement, Bio and Photo to John Tabone by Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 5pm Eastern Daylight Time.
Candidate Statement, Bio and Photo
The Candidates Statement must not exceed 500 words and should provide details on why you are interested in joining the CRIC Board. You are encouraged to answer the following questions:
- What are the greatest opportunities and challenges facing the research, insights and analytics profession?
- What skills and experience do you bring to the Board?
- How will you add value as a member of the CRIC Board?
Please also include a short bio that does not exceed 250 words and a colour, head and shoulders photo that can be included on the voting website.
August 8: Board issues call for nominations.
August 28: Nominations close.
August 28-September 6: Background checks completed on candidates and reviewed by CRIC Executive Committee
September 6: Candidates notified of results of background check
September 10: Deadline for candidate withdrawal
September 12: Candidates statements, bios and photos posted to the CRIC Website and online voting begins
September 23: Voting closes at 5pm Eastern Daylight Time
September 24: Election results announced
Thank you for considering a nomination for the CRIC Board and for your commitment to the profession.
Please email any questions to John Tabone, Chief Administrative Officer, CRIC